Monday, March 14, 2011

e camp and birthday

well i reached a new poingt of exhaustion at english camp. i could basically barely function at all. i would literally pray "god make words come out odf my mouth because i have no idea what i am saying or doing. i lived on coffee and adrenaline the whole week and did the most absurd hyper things all day, letting myself crash for an hour each afternoon so that i could get out my anger and exhaustion. well not really anger. that was mostly a joke.
but adrenaline and god kept me alive all day every day. i did the most ridiculous things that week. we did a skit where i found my piece of gum that i laid aside and ate it after it had been chewed by a friend, up a friends nose, on the sock of another friend and sat upon by another friend. disgusting. i may have barfed had it not been for sheer insanity. insanity was a great asset in this time. i was on the worship team and on the drama team so i did skits, dramas and helped lead worship every day. who knew i would ever? anyway. a lot of good fun.

it was amazing to see the kids worshiping in a language not their own and really meaning it. about ten kids came to Christ at the camp and that was really amazing! i prayed with one boy who wanted to accept christ...so cool.

well, e camp came and went in a blur of adrenaline. then we were back and school is almost over. days fly past and weeks are gone before i realize it. my birthday smacked me in the nose, seemingly from nowhere. i had a relaxed day. nap, shopping in friedrichshafen and going out to dinner wiht friends were basically all i did. i ended the night with a lot of games in typical bitterman fashion. however, it turned into a full four days of birthday. the next day we biked to langenargen, a small lake town. it was a really nice day and the weather was perfect. we packed a picnic lunch from the local grocery store and stopped at a beach for lunch. a family let us have their fire when they left so we ate lunch by a fire on the beach. it was basically magical. we also got ice cream taht night at school so perfect day.
then sunday.

on sunday night, i was talking to hannah about basically nothing. then matt and justin put a duvet cover over me and threw me in a wheeelbarrow. i was pushed roughly and somewhat painfully arouund the parking lot. then i was dumped unceremoniously on the doorstep of april and steve volle where i was pushed through tthe door and unveiled. my friends had kidnapped me and brought me to april and steve's and my frined Ye Chan Do taught me to make sushi. it was basically the best birthday present. then monday we celebrated in my k group and i got a present from another friend. great four days of birthday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment